Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Time is Here

It was never really in doubt that we would have snow on the ground on Christmas day, but now the forecast shows that we will probably have some flurries falling today and tomorrow, so it will be a white Christmas on that count as well. I for one am thrilled. The kids are having fun playing around the house with the toys from the stockings that they were allowed to open today. This Christmas has been more emotional for me for some reason. It is not our first Christmas spent away from our families back in Arkansas, but it is different somehow. It isn't even a bad thing really. I think I am just overwhelmed with how much God has blessed us. This house that the church provides to us is bigger than we have to have. The kids each get their own room and we have a bedroom to spare. There is space for me to have an "office" at home and for the kids to do their homeschool work. Someday I may actually finish getting the basement area turned into a game/rec area. There is much that God is doing in our lives and ministry. I am blessed with a great family here in our church. God is good. Here is a family photo from yesterday when we got home from church. Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: