Monday, January 14, 2008

Forward Momentum

Well, we are plugging right along in the new year.  I am starting to find a groove as a pastor.  I feel like I am beginning to understand better how to minister as a senior pastor instead of as the "youth guy".  Last night, I was invited to speak and sing at a weekly youth gathering here in town.  It was a lot of fun for me and I think the youth there enjoyed it as well.  I am attempting my first series of sermons on 1 Timothy and I am excited about that as well.  Also, I am starting school again.  This is my last term and I have three classes to finish my bachelor's degree in Religion.  I have been praying and thinking about doing a master's degree when I finish.  Please pray with me on what degree I should pursue if any.  
We are finding out I think what the true meaning of cabin fever is.  It isn't us so much as it is the kids, who can't run around outside in the yard and are not allowed to run inside the house or the church.  They have their moments of behaving really great and then they turn around and you wonder what happened to them.  Here is a picture of them before we left for church Sunday morning

1 comment:

Gina said...

Awww! I could just reach through the PC and squeeze them! :O)
And is that a Frog in your middle child's hands? It's almost like Aunt Gina is there in spirit.
Miss you all
G