Friday, December 12, 2003

I have finished the newsletter for the month. I meant to get it by the end of November, but I got sidetracked by Thanksgiving and family visiting and all. I went to the REAP revival service at Temple Baptist Church tonight. God touched my heart in a special way. I felt very priviledged to have been a part of a great time of worship this evening. I feel a renewed sense of purpose as we wind down this year and start 2004.
Dr. Freeman Burns is in town as a possible Intentional Interim Pastor for Westside Baptist. I spent part of the day at the church boxing up books in my office in preparation for a move. Things look very positive and I can't wait to meet him tomorrow. There is a real sense that God is moving and bringing us forward again, after we spun our wheels for a bit.
I want to record a special thank you our church family at Concord Baptist Church in Van Buren, AR for their extraordinary giving during this month. Also, I want to include a thank you to First Baptist Church in Springdale, AR for their gift to our ministry this month. God has used these gifts in His perfect timing to get us just what we needed; right when we need it most.

No comments: